Wednesday, August 4, 2010

7.28.10 Prairy City, Or - Mitchell, Or

7.28.10
Prairy City, Or - Mitchell, Or
Miles: 83

83 miles, heat, a bit of a rain storm, and a pass to go over created a
hard day. The pass was not as dificult as I originally anticipated. it
was about 2000 feet of climbing but it was very gradual. We went
through the Picture Canyon, where supposidly there are prehistoric
wall paintings but we didn't see them.

I got a flat in my front tire, and since I rushed to put away a
punctured tube in the past, i couldnt remember if it had been
punctured or not. So I put the mystery tube in and hoped for the best.
About five miles down the road I checked and it felt like i had a
leak. After filling it back up it held the rest of the way in.

I came close to crashing twice today. Once my front bags hit Bryn's
back panniers, and to avoid getting hit by a car, I came very very
close to hitting the ground, but was able to stay up. It's a good
thing seeing as how Paul and Lee were riding right behind and could
have run me over. The next time I almost crashed was my own fault.
Taking a picture while riding, the phone slipped and fell and I hit
the gaurd rail. Again I didn't fall but came close. I had to turn
around and get my phone.

The descent after the climb was really fun. We coasted about 7 miles
into town. As we were speeding down the hill, we saw a fairly decent
sized snake just hanging out in the sholder. We all came close to
runing it over.

No comments:

Post a Comment