Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Multimedia message

5.11.10
Charlottesville, Va - Afton,Va 
miles: 30 
Temp:55-60
Weather: rainny and cold 
Today we started up the blue ridge. It was all fairly formuliar roads seeing as Grandma, Amy and Tracy,  and mom and dad have land in Nelson county. The hills wernt to bad. Not nearly as bad as I imagined they were going to be. I was told we went up about 1250 ft. Tomorow we will be doubling that hight and distance. Tonight we are staying at the very famious bike house owned by June Curry "the cookie lady" in Afton Virginia. It seems everyone around here loves seeing and talking to the bikers that come through. We also stopped at a wonderful strawberry orchard it had the best strawberry milkshake I have ever had. 
Thr rain and cold today was a little bit of a downer but I managed my feet got cold the most bit the hoes seemed to hold up very well and I haven't had any numbness. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way. Tomorow should be warmer with hopefully less rain.  I'm starting to feel a little bit homesick but that was very much expected seeing as how I like my friends and family so much. 

And if therevis anythink you think I should add to my day to day journal please let me know. Email : ambersbiketrip.gmail.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment