Friday, June 25, 2010

06.21.10 Eads, Co- Ordway, Co Miles 61 Temp 80-90s Weather sunny Sleep: hotel ordway Today I rode with Bryn, Lee, Robert and Olaf. We listened to music and went a little faster than normal. The wind was on our side for a change. Classic rock was on the play list: Zeppelin, Dylan, Allman Brothers, Skynyrs... all really great music to ride to. Bryn brought little speakers that she keeps in her handle bar bag. We usually jam til they die, and they usually work for the entire ride (about 6+ hours).   We met some nice guys headed west while on a break. Their website is: pedalsforhaiti.com <-- check it out   At the end of the ride today I had to change my back tire. I had about a three inch long bubble in the center of my tire. I used a spare tire Jack was carrying, that's one of the advantages of being in a group. We stayed at a little hotel called the Ordway Hotel. The owner, Tom, made us dinner at his restaurant next door. The restaurant was closed so we got major VIP treatment. It was great good food and our chef was good company as well. The next morning he made us breakfast and we were on our way down the road.      

No comments:

Post a Comment