Monday, June 7, 2010

Multimedia message

06.07.10
Houston, Mo - Marshfield, Mo
Miles: 65
Temp: 70-75
Weather: cooler than normal, off and on showers
Sleep: city park
Altitude: 3700

Today was a little rushed. Bryn and I booked it to camp. We did a really good job of getting there. I had to cook, so I was a little nervous about getting there on time, but our ETA was 4:00 and we were there by 3:00, 7 hours of riding today, with the occassional stop for first and second lunch. I cooked with Michelle, we made spaghetti and sausage with a big salad, bread, and fruit salad for dessert. The weather was slightly on the chilly side, the light rain felt nice. Over all, today was fuled by music. The hills are pretty nice today... a few big ones but nothing unmanageable. I have also noticed the drivers are becoming more courteous. Still no sholder. Tomorow I'm sleeping in till 6:15!

I think this is the first time I'm mentioning the other group of cyclists that are not with Adventure Cycle Association, but this won't be the last time you hear of them. The community of cyclists travelling on the same route is very small and everyone knows eachother. It's pretty awesome. We seem to be leap frogging, or just tracking together some days. Phillis is from Seatle, WA Ted is from long island, Jerry is from Baltimore, MD and Steve is from south lake Tahi, CA 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome storm shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you had any run ins with bears yet? Can't wait to follow you through Colorado!

    ReplyDelete