Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Multimedia message

06.01.10
Carbondale, IL- Chester, IL
Miles: 48
Temp: 85-100
Weather: it's very hot  
Today was the most flat terrain we have encountered so far. It was very nice realizing we had done 25 miles before 11, it only felt like no more than 10. Earlier in the day, about 5 miles in, my rear rack broke all the way. I knew it was coming. one of the attaching pieces of aluminum holding the rack onto the frame was broken, when it broke all the way I had it held up with zip ties until Jack met up with us and I put his rack on my bike. 
Update on Jack: Jack has the truck his wife drove out and is staying with us the entire trip. He will only be a shadow NOT A SAG VEHICLE, and in a few weeks he hopes to be able to ride. If all goes well by colorado he will be back on track riding with us. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment