Sunday, July 11, 2010

06.30.10 Walden, Co - Seritoga, Wy Miles: 67 Elevation: about 7000 Temp: 40s-80s Weather: cool in the morning, to warm in the afternoon Sleep: riviara lodge Last night when we were sleeping in our tents it must have droped to 35 or so. It was the first cold night we experianced! I was freezing in my sleeping bag but I could have put on more clothes if I wanted to burro my way out of my warmer-than-outside cocoon. I decided to stay bundled and sleep through the chilly morning.  When I woke up I wasn't the only person a little suprized by the cool nights temperature.  We got under way early because the day was looking to be a longer one. It ended up being very nice and enjoyable ride. There was only one bump in the road after entering Wyoming. The turain in Wyoming is a little different than western Colorado, but not by much. The mountans are all around us but it is fairly flat, there are streams and rivers that are flowing strong, and the ground how ever lush it looks seems to be a sandy rock like soil. We saw some great wild life today, antolope, dear, large moose dear, and pelicans.  It was nice getting a good hot shower and a nice bed after a chilly previous nights rest, but next time I spend the night in my tent I will be fully prepaired for the weather.         

No comments:

Post a Comment