Tuesday, July 13, 2010

07.11.10 West yellowstone, Montana Off day 1 of 2

07.11.10
West yellowstone, Montana
Off day 1 of 2

There were only a few goals for this off day: sleep on, relax, and
figure out how we would see yellowstone on Monday. All goals were met!
We had plenty of time to relax, see all of the touristy things and
even get our plans straight for tomorrow. We will be renting a car to
see Yellowstone, it wll be Bryn, Joe, Lee, Will and I in a large SUV.
Hopefully we will see some animals (really the only one one I want to
see is a grizley bear) were going the southern loop to see all the
sights like Old Faithful. Yellowstone is more touristy than I would
imagine but I'm still a little schocked that wth all of the family
vacations I have been on this wasn't one. Perhaps we wouldn't have
appreciated the sights when my brothers and I were younger.

Some of the tourist traps are really vile. There were two that really
made me question the character of Humans. One was a fur store, (I
dont think there is anything wrong with hunting and using the entire
animal) but they had furs of baby bears with their paws intact. It
just felt wrong. Another store had stuffed bears and stuffed moose
that people could sit on and have their picture with.

All in all it's a pretty neat little touristy town. If you're ever
here, eat at Ernies bagle and coffee shop. It's the best and they dont
hike up their prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment