Thursday, July 22, 2010

07.14.10 Ennise, Mt- Dillon, Mt

07.14.10
Ennise, Mt- Dillon, Mt
Miles: 73
Weather: chilly morning - Warmer afternoon

Last night I tried something new for the trip... I battled the cold
temperature. I went to sleep with the usual 30 degree tights and long
sleeve shirt, a fleece, and wool socks. But this time I added my cold
weather gloves. In my 20 degree sleeping bag, this was the first night
I was comfortable sleeping when the temperature drops at night. I
think the reason for my cold night problem is that my mummy bag is not
as snug as it should be, and I am just a cold sleeper. All in all, the
problem should be resolved with the use of the gloves at night. ( I
try sleeping with my hat on too but it finds its way off my head while
I sleep.)

The ride today was pretty long. It started out with a huge 10 mile 7%
grade hill. The rest of the day was fairly flat with the occassional
small hill. I got a flat on my back tire. We went over some gravel and
all of the sudden the ground was very squishy. Bryn and lee rode on
ahead listening to music too loud to hear me say I needed to pull off.
But there was no worry had everything I needed to fix it myself. They
eventually came back to check up on me and found me pumping up the
tire. They're great for turning around and coming back to make sure
everything was alright!

We saw some animals today! As bryn and I were stopped, a group of 4
horses came to visit us. We also saw sheep for the first time on the
trip.

Dinner was fantastic. Joe and Mort made couscous and spinich,
mushrooms, peppers and cashews.

Ps: If you are tracking down the TransAm you should stop at Twin
Bridges, Mt. There is a bike camp in their park. It has everything you
would ever need

In twin bridges we ran into Kelly at the grocery store. As Bryn and I
were leaving the store we ran into Alex and Iris just coming into
town. Once again the people you meet on the trans am are just
fantastic! The community is so small everyone knows everyone. I think
that is the one thing I Wasnt expecting that I love so much about this
trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment